- Slade Health Pty Ltd (ABN 59 151 218 978);
(together and separately (as applicable), Slade, we, us, our).
Slade takes your privacy very seriously and are committed to protecting your personal information and implementing responsible privacy practices.
We are governed by the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) (Act) and apply the Australian Privacy Principles (APPs) as our standard for the collection and use of your personal information. You can find out more information about the Act and the APPs at the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner’s website at www.oaic.gov.au.
- visit our website, including https://www.sladehealth.com.au (Website);
- purchase goods and/or services from us;
- submit an online enquiry or create an account through the Website;
- are admitted to a hospital at which we supply goods and/or services;
2 Information we collect about you
We aim to collect personal information only if it is relevant and necessary to providing our services, products and information to you.
In general, you can assume that we collect and hold the following personal information about you:
- email address;
- date of birth;
- if relevant, the identity of your spouse, carer, guardian or the person who is responsible for the payment of your accounts;
- telephone and fax number;
- your medication record and other health care information that you or your treating doctor or other health practitioner may need to provide to us; and
- where necessary, information about your enquiry and/or your purchase from us.
3 How we collect personal information
Unless it is unreasonable and impracticable to do so, we collect your personal information from you directly, including by using cookies on our website and through monitoring your purchasing behaviour.
In some cases we may collect information from other third parties such as your hospital, treating physician or other health practitioner. At the time of collection, or as soon as practicable after we have collected it, we will take reasonable steps to notify you of the collection and of any matters relevant to the collection.
When you visit our Website, Slade generally does not require you to provide personally identifiable information. However, in order to participate in some activities such as our online promotions, to access specific sections of our Website, to create an account on our Website or to contact us, you must provide us with the information we request to enable us to process your query.
To create an account on our Website, you consent to our collection of the information you provide to us, including the following information:
- email address;
- address; and
- telephone number.
If you receive goods and/or services supplied by us, either through our Website or by email, over the phone, in person with one of our pharmacists or at a hospital at which we supply goods and/or services, or by fax, we will collect “sensitive information” from you. Sensitive Information has the meaning given to that term under the Act, and it includes Health Information” as defined under the Act. In addition to the personal information specified above, you consent to our collection of the following sensitive information, including:
- credit card and billing information;
- your Medicare number (if you are a patient) or your provider number (if you are prescribing medication to a patient);
- private health fund information;
- relevant statutory entitlements or programs that are relevant to you;
- details of medications prescribed to you by your treating doctor or medications that you prescribe to your patients;
- details about your medical, fertility history and general health; and
- in some jurisdictions we are required to collect information like your driver’s licence number when supplying medicines containing pseudoephedrine.
Much of the information we ask for is because the law requires it to be collected. For example, the law requires us to collect personal details contained in prescriptions (which is where we get most of our information about you).
If you decide not to provide us with the required information, we may be unable to process your request or provide you with the goods or services you have requested.
Within some pages of our Website you are able to initiate a request for additional information or to commence dialogue with Slade. In these circumstances, in addition to the information set out above, we may also ask for information about your preferences or relevant areas of interest.
Naturally, we collect and hold a broad range of personal information gathered during the course of providing our goods/services. However as stated above, we strive to ensure that we collect and hold only that personal information which is relevant and necessary to your specific matters.
If you plan to order products or services from us using our Website please refer to our Terms and Conditions of Sale before placing an order with Slade. Please contact us to obtain a copy Terms and Conditions of Sale.
4 Information collected through normal browsing of our Website
When you use our Website, your IP address, the referring website URL and the date and time of file requests to which information is sent may be collected automatically. This information is used to monitor activity within our Website which is in turn used for our internal purposes to maintain and improve the quality of information that we display.
6 Purpose of collection
We collect and hold your personal information primarily to provide or offer our goods or services to you, or if it is reasonable to expect that we would use or disclose your personal information for purposes which are related to that primary purpose.
If you decide at any time that you do not wish to receive the above information from us, please contact us at email@example.com and we will remove your email address from our mailing list.
7 How we use your information
Once collected, we may use the personal information you provide to us in the following ways:
- to provide goods and services to you;
- to answer your emails or your enquiries made through the Website;
- to enter you in or notify you about a promotional campaign;
- to notify you about new features on our Website or new products or services;
- to customise your experience on our Website and to improve its features, products and services;
- to deliver other services to you, such as newsletters, or any other information that we may consider to be of interest to you;
- to send you surveys or questionnaires;
- to directly market our goods and services to you (unless you tell us not to direct market to you); and
- for other business purposes such as statistical and research purposes.
Personal information that is collected by us for the sole purpose of dispensing prescriptions to you will not be used for marketing purposes without your consent. If at any time you wish to opt out of email correspondence that we send to you, click the “unsubscribe” link at the bottom of any email received from Slade.
To opt out of any correspondence you receive from us via post or by any other means, please contact us at the details below and we will take you off our mailing list.
8 How we disclose your information
We will disclose your personal information to the following third parties:
- companies related to us that are located in Australia, including Slade Pharmacies (including SladePlus Pharmacies);
- to certain statutory bodies as required under legislation, including in response to a subpoena request, to assist police in an official investigation or where patient safety may be at risk;
- IT technicians who may need to have access when providing on-site support (although it is our usual practice for them to work under supervision); and
- file storage service providers.
We are not likely to disclose your personal information to overseas recipients and would only do so in accordance with legal requirements. We will not otherwise disclose personal information about you unless the disclosure:
- is required by law;
- is authorised by law; or
- you have consented to our disclosing the personal information about you.
9 Personal information quality
We aim to ensure that your personal information is accurate, complete and up to date. To assist us in this, you need to provide true, accurate, current and complete information about yourself as requested and properly update the information to us to keep it true, accurate, current and complete.
If you believe that the information we hold about you is inaccurate or incomplete, please contact us and we will use all reasonable efforts to correct the information.
If we believe the information to be incorrect, we will take reasonable steps to add a statement to the information claiming that you believe the information is not accurate, complete or up-to-date.
10 How we safeguard your information
We are committed to maintaining the security and confidentiality of the data you provide us and we will take reasonable precautions to protect your personal information from unauthorised disclosure, use or alteration.
We have the following security measures in place to protect your information:
- our offices are also securely locked after hours;
- all computers have password protection;
- all computers linked to our intranet are password protected and virus protected;
- our offices are monitored regularly by a security service;
- our website is protected by a firewall; and
- our employees all sign confidentiality agreements as part of beginning employment at Slade.
11 Accessing your personal information
You may request access to or correction of the personal information that we hold about you.
We will give you access to, or correct, your personal information unless there is a lawful reason for refusing your request for access or correction. If we refuse your request we will give you a written notice explaining our reasons for that refusal and how you may complain about that refusal.
You may review and update or correct your information by contacting Slade at firstname.lastname@example.org.
12 Are you under 18 years of age?
We do not want to collect personal information from visitors to our Website who are under the age of 18 years of age. If you are under 18 years of age, you should not enter any information on our Website.
14 Change in control of Slade
If we sell or otherwise transfer part or the whole of Slade or our assets to another organisation (including in the course of a transaction like a sale, merger or acquisition or as part of a dissolution, liquidation, administration, receivership or other form of insolvency), you agree that your personal information that is collected by Slade may be disclosed to a third party, prospective buyer, transferee or insolvency practitioner and that this is reasonable to enable that party to continue or manage the business.
If you have a complaint about our collection, use or disclosure of your personal or sensitive information, or you wish to make a complaint about a breach of the APPs, please contact our Privacy Officer at the details set out below detailing the nature of your complaint. We take your privacy seriously and we will review the details of your complaint and use our best endeavours to deal with your complaint sensitively and in a timely manner.
You can also make a complaint to the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner. Further information is available at www.oaic.gov.au.
16 Contacting us
Attn: Privacy Officer
14 Palmer Court
Mount Waverley VIC 3149